1-877-822-6669 toll-free or
www.floridaquitline.com or www.FLQuitline.com
Here are a few things the Quitline suggests you think about as you consider if you ready to get started:
- You’ll need to decide on a reasonable quit date.
- Find support from family members, friends or your health care provider. Get individual counseling, telephone counseling from the Quitline or take the Quit Smoking Now group classes. These types of support will increase your success rate.
- Think about some new skills and behaviors you can learn to change your routine. Be prepared to drink lots of water.
- For some people, the nicotine replacement therapy products provide additional support. Ask your health care provider if these products are right for you.
- Be prepared for relapse and difficult situations. Most people try several times before they are able to finally quit.
The Quitline is Florida’s free telephone cessation/quitting program, available 24 hours a day in different languages, for preteens, teens and adults who are ready to plan to quit. Services include a series of telephone counseling sessions, access to self help reading materials and nicotine replacement therapy products. Visit the websites www.floridaquitline.com or www.FLQuitline.com to learn more about the Quitline as a tobacco user or as a healthcare provider.